DR. IUR. HSG, LL.M., ATTORNEY AT LAW
MAIN AREAS OF ACTIVITY
- Establishment and Management of Companies and Trusts
- Estate and Asset Planning
- Consultancy relating to Asset Protection
- Planning and Implementation of Holding Entities
- International Tax Planning
- Acting as Consultant on, and implementing, International Trading Transactions
Career to date
Dr. Alexander Ospelt established the law firm Ospelt & Partners Attorneys at Law Ltd. in 1997.
From 1987 to 1993 he studied at the Faculty of Law at St. Gallen University, Switzerland, and went on to take a degree in European Law at ULB in Brussels, Belgium, where he completed the Master of Laws programme (LL.M.).
In 1993, he worked as a staff member of Liechtenstein’s Permanent Representation at the United Nations (UN) in New York. Dr. Alexander Ospelt passed the Liechtenstein Bar Examination in 1997 and gained the doctorate in law from St. Gallen University, Switzerland, in 1999.
Dr. Alexander Ospelt has been active in politics and various associations. Among others, Dr. Alexander Ospelt currently is President of the Foundation for crisis intervention Liechtenstein KIT, 2012-2017 he has been a member of the Board of the European advocats’ association DACH, 2012-2017 he has been a Chairman of the Board of Liechtenstein Life Assurance Ltd. And since 2014 he is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Private University Liechtenstein. Dr. Alexander Ospelt has published several academic studies.
- Liechtenstein Bar Association (LIRAK)
- European Faculty of Advocates DACH, Treasurer
- Liechtenstein Association of Professional Trustees (THV)